BT ITIL analyst – Technology labs in Bristol, United Kingdom
ITIL Analyst – Technology labs
Bristol / Borehamwood
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities.
EE’s Technology Labs within TSDD provide our customers with the best Mobile Telecoms Network Test Facility in the UK, enabling development, testing and integration of world-class solutions, on the best in-class environments.
What you'll be doing
• You will support EE Technology Labs’ Mobile Core Network components – helping our Testers, Designers and Operations to work together to make EE & BT’s fixed and mobile services the best in the UK.
• The role will be responsible for all aspects of the end to end Tech Labs ITIL processes to ensure continuous service availability for customers of the EE TechLabs
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Work with the change and configuration manager to deliver Configuration, Change and Release process’s in line with ITIL standards.
• Work with the defect manager to deliver Incident, Problem and Risk process’s in line with ITIL standards.
• Work with the Release manager to support a Release Management lifecycle including scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases.
• Support the Continuous Improvement process and discipline, ensuring priority to those that have a customer or commercial benefit.
• Support the development of new and existing tools and systems roadmap development, identifying opportunities for further automation.
• Ensure all risk and issues are captured and managed within the Technology Risk Management Process.
• Develop a regular Information and Performance report pack showing progress against the Key Performance Indicators.
• Ensure that practices and process’s comply with ISO9001.
• Support cross functional and cross site communities to work together in order to deliver best in class physical environments, core, access and transport elements, as appropriate, as well as the products and services to protect the customer experience.
Why choose us?
You will be an excellent team player, comfortable collaborating with both local and remote team members. You will be customer focussed – setting high standards and driving good practice across the team. You will want to progress your own career – taking advantage of opportunities to evolve and expand both your own knowledge and capabilities and helping others around you.
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Typically engineering/science degree or has served a technical apprenticeship and obtained NVQ and further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND).
May have obtained some appropriate recognised current accreditation to an external professional body and/or industry standard.
Relevant professional experience.
Demonstrates competence in own area and may still be acquiring higher level skill.
Typically works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Deepens knowledge/skills in one area or broadens ability over a variety of skills.
Applies knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day to day activities.
Identifies unusual technical problems
Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, and investigates all the facts.
Understands the key business drivers; and uses this knowledge to focus own work.
Works to control costs related to own work.
Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations; is able to generate possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures, leading to a sound decision.
Prioritises and organises own work to deliver to agreed deadlines.
Probes and listens carefully.
Able to present information clearly and in an appropriate style to make technical information clear.
Persuades others in straightforward situations.
Able to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
Builds productive relationships internally and externally.
Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider BT team.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: ITIL analyst – Technology labs
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Avon-Bristol
Requisition ID: 99452
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Essex-Borehamwood