BT Practice Manager – Defence in Bristol, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The role is responsible for building a great, professional and capable team of Programme and Project professionals within a specific geographic region. The team will deliver differentiated customer experiences to our Enterprise customers. Your role will help coach and develop your team to be the very best within the industry.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Accountable for creating a world class delivery organisation capable of delivering our most complex Projects / Programmes. The role holder will shape our L&D plans by combining personal expertise with market insight in evolving methods / tools. Role holder will drive capability uplift and coach for high performance.
• Accountable for improving customer experience of Project / Programme delivery – be the customer champion. Role holder will use feedback from project journey surveys to drive improvement action. In addition the role holder will look for trends in feedback and share across the broader community.
• Accountable for the quality of Project / programme delivery. The role holder will ensure delivery standards and best practice are applied for a portfolio of circa c.£75m revenue value. Feedback from Cooper Delivery Assurance reviews combined with local audits will be used to target coaching and remedial action.
• Accountable for creating a healthy working environment where differences are valued and individuals can thrive.
• Will shape the methods, standards and tools used for complex Project / Programme delivery. Also take feedback from delivery to drive improvements.
• Will play a leading role in ensuring the unit achieves the annual TLC challenge.
• Will personally lead a significant internal transformational work stream to deliver business unit plans.
• Will sponsor / support our most challenging projects / programmes during the mobilisation phase.
• Will work with the Head of Delivery Excellence and other leaders to shape strategy and build plans that deliver our business goals.
• Will support change programmes and acts as a positive role model during times of ambiguity, ensuring effective outcomes.
• Looks after the welfare, performance management and capability development of a team P&PM professionals: These are expected to be of varying grades within a geographic region.
• Develops strong relationships with key regional stakeholders that will assist in achieving the aims of the unit and wider business (e.g. Regional Sales Leads, APM etc.
• Will coach and manage for great performance, utilising a variety of data sources including feedback from assignment managers. Build a culture of mutual support and knowledge sharing. Help shape people’s careers by providing a variety of learning and development opportunities, ensuring that people’s skills and experience are continually developed.
• Will support members of the team with removing barriers (whilst simultaneously coaching for methods of issue resolution). On occasion may be asked to support a more focussed intervention on a key project / programme
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Portfolio, Programme and Project Management, with skills of delivering technical solutions to Enterprise customers.
• Ability to inspire through communication and great behaviours.
• Personal resilience.
• Commercial acumen.
• Great problem solving skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Negotiation, communication and decision-making skills.
• Ability to build a culture of continuous learning and development and mutual support.
• Ability to coach for great performance, including being able to articulate what fantastic performance looks like.
• Demonstrable experience as a Project and Programme Manager, delivering complex solutions (>£5m revenue, with multiple work streams) for Business/Enterprise customers.
• Experience of managing others and recruiting Programme & Project Managers
• Experience of coaching and mentoring others to use best-practice processes, methodologies and tools to support their way of working.
• Experience of managing a team of programme and project managers.
• Experience of resolving project or programmes issues to satisfactory resolution.
• Experience of auditing/reviewing a project or programmes performance, with an experience of coaching underperforming individuals.
• Experience of producing accurate and timely management information to support decision making
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT at https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Ability to coach for great performance, including being able to articulate what fantastic performance looks like.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Management, with skills of delivering technical solutions.
Ability to inspire through communication and great behaviours.
Great problem solving skills.
Ability to build a culture of continuous learning and development and mutual support.
Successful candidates must have SC Clearance , or be willing to go through the process.
Hiring manager Paula Howden
Recruiter Jason Badger
Job: Project management
Title: Practice Manager – Defence
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Avon-Bristol
Requisition ID: 144717