BT Project & Programme Scheduler in Bristol, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The Programme Scheduler is responsible for developing and maintaining, with the Project Manager, a dynamic “road map” that guides the Project Team, key stakeholders and the project to a successful conclusion.
Working with the Programme Manager, the Project Scheduler helps to identify what tasks needs to be completed, when and by whom, and supports the creation and development of a cohesive Programme Schedule in MS Project 2013.
The Programme Schedule is a critical tool for managing the customers projects, which vary in terms of size and complexity. The Schedule also enables the Project Team, and a wider business audience through status reports, Programme On A Page (POAP), and other management reports to review project performance to date, and to make accurate projections about project work still to be completed.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Defines appropriate Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) in line with the adopted project development and project delivery strategy.
• Works with the Programme Manager to create a Programme Schedule for both standard and large complex projects, taking all customer requirements and available resource into consideration.
• Maximises efficiency of the project strategy with respect to time, cost, and quality.
• Ensures that all Project Schedules are submitted for formal Baseline assurance and approval.
• Conducts critical payment milestone reviews, including the production of analytical and variance reports, and works with the Project Team to assess and take corrective action.
• Updates the Schedule, comparing actual work performed against the approved Baseline Schedule.
• Provides impact analysis of Schedule changes, identifies Schedule variances and opportunities for project acceleration, and proactively develops mitigation strategies with the Project Manager.
• Supports the Project Manager to identify activities impacting the Schedule’s Critical Path (CP), and facilitates identification of rectification measures.
• Prepares Schedule text for monthly progress reports to communicate progress and issues to multiple audiences, both internal and external.
• Attends key Governance meetings, as and when required. This will also include travel to key customer sites.
• Dashboarding and reporting on budget, scope and resourcing from project data.
• Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action, or recovery on or before Schedule slippage.
• Identification, tracking and management of project dependencies and inter-project dependencies.
• Ability to identify Risks and Opportunities from Schedule analysis and ensure these are formally documented within the Risk Register.
• Work closely with the customer’s Programme Scheduler through formal alignment and joint scrutiny sessions to assess project performance and ensure alignment of key deliverables and expectations.
You'll have the following skills & experience
1) Programme scheduling/planning
2) Stakeholder management
2) Organisational skills
4) Knowledge of Programme and Project Management
5) Commercial awareness
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
• Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Car allowance (dependent on your role)
• Share option and pension scheme programmes
• Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT at https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Project management
Title: Project & Programme Scheduler
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Avon-Bristol
Requisition ID: 145173