BT IP Network Engineer - Dublin in Dublin, United Kingdom
IP Network Engineer
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role of IP Operations Engineer will be to ensure best practice is implemented and followed throughout the IP Operations team. The individual will work closely with the rest of the IP Operations team to develop new ways of working to ensure we achieve the ultimate customer experience.
What you'll be doing
The role holder will be responsible for supporting Design, Testing and Validation, Implementation and Integration and Acceptance activity, providing leadership and guidance on resolving complex technical issues, owning operational processes and ensuring support is provided to meet service level standards.
The role holder will work on the Operations and Maintenance of the MPLS Core and ISP Core.
• Core device deployments and ongoing support (to include health monitoring)
• Support all CR’s from major customers and implement with the team without issue.
• Change control/internal peer review of changes
• Device hardware/software maintenance and upgrades
• Incident & Problem Analysis / Vendor / SLA management
• Device configuration verification/troubleshooting
• Internal and external project involvement
• IP/MPLS Implementation /troubleshooting
• Network adds and changes.
• Consulting with other teams: Service Build, IP Design, Core Planning and Capacity.
• Support for all Operations Functions and Processes to deliver BT’s Services to defined performance levels.
• Support Customer, Services & Technical Trouble Shooting Process (Inc Escalation) within SLA targets
• Work within the framework of BT’s change management process ensuring change calendars and change control are adhered to for all network changes
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Degree qualification in Electronic/Computer engineering or have experience working on an MPLS or ISP Core.
Proven experience of working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco/Nokia routers, switches and monitoring devices.
CCNP or Nokia NRS2 qualification or equivalent level of expertise on routers and switches.
In-depth knowledge and understanding of the working and operation of MPLS.
Focused on continuous quality improvement and excellent customer service
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: IP Network Engineer - Dublin
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Requisition ID: 103051