BT Procurement Manager in Dublin, United Kingdom
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Get Close to the business - Procurement is integral and our cost impact is crucial to the business. We are intimately involved in business strategy via customer contracts, BT participation in customer bids, close affiliation with Legal, and CFU strategies. At BT you will be at the centre of these discussions and not sitting in the back room
We offer Challenging work. This is a real learning opportunity for a mid- career procurement professional. You will have maximum opportunity to stretch your Procurement, management and leadership skills. Every quarter, and every month brings fresh, new opportunities
A core part of Procurement work at BT is to Bring new products to market. We are involved in all aspects of customer tenders via cross functional bid teams with sales, product, legal and project management just to start.
You will be Colocated with stakeholders or within a short distance (other Dublin offices). The Procurement team sits within steps of the Ireland MD, FD, LOB directors and senior Strategy, Sales, Finance, Legal and Business Development teams. You will interact with these teams and have direct relationship management responsibilities.
You will have a high level of Responsibility for your work area and spend. The team is flat and every member’s contribution is crucial. We work with high autonomy and trust, a degree of flexible working and encourage open input and process improvement. When you spot an opportunity you will be encouraged to pursue it.
What you'll be doing
• Develop, align and implement strategic sourcing strategies appropriate to their product and services, delivering maximum commercial advantage
• Lead extensive external negotiation on pricing, contract terms and conditions, commercial models, risk and issue resolution.
• Leverage global volume and third party relationships
• Identify and implement effective cost savings, at pace
• Build strong internal relationships at all levels
• Understand the business and its requirements of external supply markets
• Understand and apply at all times internal and corporate governance requirements for their spend, including information storage
• Evaluate, own and mitigate third party supplier risk for their spend
• Drive supplier delivery of commercial and contractual commitments
• Build strong supplier relationships
• Build a strong body of knowledge on the Telecoms industry
• Potential for wider financial and / or systems responsibilities
• Responsibility for high value and high risk contracts
• Autonomy and responsibility
• Contribution to the definition of business strategy, process and policy
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Professionally qualified (CIPS or equivalent) strategic sourcing
• External recruits: typically educated to degree level
• Internal recruits: fully licensed under BT’s Procurement License programme
• Extensive Strategic Sourcing experience is essential
• Including but not limited to: commercial acumen, market analysis, financial analysis, sourcing strategy development using a defined and industry recognised methodology, commercial and contract negotiation, stakeholder interaction, presentation and relationship management at all levels, supply base management, third party dispute resolution
• Strong leadership and excellent relationship management
• Proven external negotiation skills
• Demonstrated robust analytic skills - ability to sort through complex information and data and propose appropriate, workable solutions
• Evidence of the ability to apply market and industry knowledge to develop and implement appropriate and value added commercial solutions
• Proven experience of owning the drafting from company guidelines, negotiation, and execution of all elements of third party supply contracts
• Extensive experience and understanding of ownership of supplier policy, governance and risk management
• Proven experience of third party supplier risk management
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Procurement Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Requisition ID: 96929