BT Area Manager in GBR, United Kingdom
UK wide opportunities
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Openreach Limited is Britain’s digital network business and now a legally separate, wholly-owned subsidiary within BT Group. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises.
The Service Delivery unit is responsible for all activity covering provision, repair and network maintenance - and associated customer support. We need team leaders with a commercial outlook who can size the growth opportunities on offer and manage the way we operate to ensure excellent customer experience.
What you'll be doing
We’re looking for people who can motivate a team to deliver great customer service. This includes:
• Being out on the road with your team, helping them understand key business messages
• Championing quality standards and being the guardian of our network
• Seeking out better ways of doing things and embedding change.
• Ensuring service incidents are resolved successfully in accordance with set procedures.
• Identifying and supporting abilities and potential talent within your team.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
At BT we welcome applications from people with different perspectives; even if your experience is outside of the telecommunications industry, we want to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
• Relevant experience within a similar role as an area manager/operational manager.
• Proven ability leading a team to maximise efficiency, quality, customer service and revenue.
• Previous change management experience is advantageous.
• Telecommunications engineering knowledge is advantageous but not essential.
• A full driving license is essential.
Why choose us?
We’re on a mission to build the best network and make sure everyone can connect to it. We’re here to drive a digital revolution that will keep the UK as one of the most advanced digital nations in the world. We’re 30,400 engineers who live where we work and our fleet of 23,000 vans visit 25,000 customers every single day. We’re building a digital future for communities we’re proud to be part of.
At Openreach diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community. Your benefits package could include:
• Automatic enrolment into our pension plan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Shared Parental Leave
• Ongoing careers training and development
• Access to a range of products and services with great discounts including free broadband.
Job: Engineering operations
Title: Area Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 104958