BT Graduate Programme - Networks in GBR, United Kingdom
About this role
Our networks team are passionate, technical specialists and by joining our Networks programme you’ll get to join our team who pride themselves on being experts in their field and only ever deploying robust solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
Networks are responsible for designing, building, testing and operating fixed and mobile network solutions across the globe. Working together with technical innovators in communications, electronics and information technology, you’ll carry out a range of development and integration activities which underpin our network platforms and services. And in turn, provide a reliable service to our customers. You’ll get involved in a range of technologies and your role will be pivotal in transforming our network platforms and services.
Over time you’ll build up your knowledge and skills, all the while studying for industry recognised qualifications, to make sure you become a real expert in your field. Your manager will work with you to make sure you’re working on the right projects to help build your experience and give you the time and support you need to complete your studies too.
You should have a good working knowledge of IP networks, protocols and network components, with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple way.
Features of this job
· You’ll be developing your skills doing meaningful work from the start.
· Roles could feature gathering and analysing customer requirements, developing innovative network solutions, designing mobile access networks, selecting network equipment, configuring a wide range of devices or making sure the solution is fit for purpose.
· It's all about really understanding our customers and making sure we only ever deploy the most robust solutions into our many networks across the world so that they meet our customer’s needs.
Our promise to you
· As part of the graduate community you’ll have a ready-made network, and this will grow as you interact with many teams across the wider- technology organisation.
· We’ll help you keep updating your skills with opportunities to participate in BT-wide events as well as technical masterclasses, customer experience activities and supporting you to achieve industry recognised qualifications (e.g. CCNA, IEng/CEng).
· We’ll give you the time and support you need to complete your studies
By the end of the programme you could be on your way to becoming an expert in your field – ideal if you know where your passion already lies. Other roles will allow you to experience a range of roles enabling you to grow your career once you are more informed about BT and the way we work.
If you’re not really one to stand still and are itching to continue that journey after university, there’s a whole world of discovery for you here at BT. Whichever role you join us in, it’s vital that you demonstrate a great fit with our culture, our purpose and our focus on putting customers first. We’re also looking for:
Results driven workers
People who love to learn and develop
Those who embrace change
Workers who will take ownership
The ability to network and forge relationships with others
Those who can innovate and drive improvements
The ability to apply commercial awareness
We value diversity and inclusion, which is why we encourage and welcome applications from absolutely everybody!
We hire with the future in mind – yours as well as ours. We’re always thinking about what we can offer you, even ahead of your first role. If you join the BT team you’ll have the chance to explore many areas of our business, as well as our products and different global locations. We want to give you everything you need to achieve your full potential, while helping you build a career you genuinely love.
It’s worth bearing in mind that we also have academic entry requirements which are tailored to role types. They are:
- 2.1 degree from a STEM subject
Job: Technology - Network
Title: Graduate Programme - Networks
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 100165