BT Privileged Access Management - Solution Designer in GBR, United Kingdom
Privileged Access Management - Solution Designer
Adastral Park, Ipswich preferred however other locations will be considered.
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
We protect BT from Cyber threats, both internal and external. We run and manage security platforms and controls across the whole of BT and EE. We protect privileged credentials and manage administrator access to most of BT’s estate. To do that, we work with market leading technologies in a fast-evolving security landscape.
We are growing fast and would welcome committed and ambitious individuals with technical expertise in the area of Privileged Access Management and the wider IAM space to join us.
What you'll be doing
You will join the Privileged Access Management (PAM) Unit in BT Technology as a Solution Designer. In this role, you will engage with internal customers and teams to understand their requirements around the management of privileged identities and access, and the related security challenges.
You will translate those requirements to end-to-end solution designs. And you will then work collaboratively with matrixed project teams, engineering/operations teams (internal BT teams /Third Parties) and external suppliers, to see those designs through to their successful implementation and handover to In-Life operations.
You will be doing detailed technical feasibility studies in the wider Privileged Access Management security domain. You will always ensure that the proposed IAM/PAM solutions meet the customer requirements and cover all related technology, process and people aspects. You will promote and follow industry standard security design patterns and best practices. And you will make sure the proposed security solutions comply with BT's Security Framework, they re-use BT's existing security platforms and capabilities, and they can be supported and maintained in Life, without increasing IT costs and complexity
Finally, you will provide technical leadership and consultancy within your area of expertise to complex technical and architectural initiatives in the wider Identity and Access management security domain.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Excellent communication skills. Able to facilitate technical workshops, and clearly communicate ideas and solutions through various means (written, presentation and in person). Able to explain complex technical and architectural issues to a business audience.
• Good business analysis and stakeholder management skills.
• Self-starter, able to pick up and run with things with minimal guidance, can do attitude
• Excellent planning and time management skills
• Excellent design and analytical skills - systematic approach to problem solving
Key Technical Skills
• Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience in designing and deploying PAM solutions (experience with CyberArk-based Privileged Access Management solutions a significant plus)
• Solid understanding and experience with security technologies in the wider Identity and Access management space (good knowledge and experience in at least three of the following technologies/protocols: Active Directory, Authentication technologies (SAML, Radius, TACACS , 2FA, OTP), Windows Security, Cloud Security)
• Security certification preferable (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc,).
• Good knowledge and awareness of Data Protection Act, EU General Data Protection Regulation and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance frameworks
• Good IT and Networking knowledge and experience (preferably in the areas of Windows/Unix administration, DBA knowledge, IP Networking)
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community. #LI-SF1
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Privileged Access Management - Solution Designer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR
Requisition ID: 106656
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich