BT AI Research Engineer in Ipswich, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
This is a two and half years fixed-term technical role in Applied Research where the individual will apply their key expertise within a clearly defined sphere of technical knowledge to complex business issues or opportunities. The role holder actively engages with colleagues to progress new research in important technical topics and supports the realisation of business value from research and innovation outputs.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Contribute to research relating to operational transformation.
• Provide strategic insight and analysis of technology options for BT's use of advanced AI technologies, including techno-economic analysis, resource modelling and white papers.
• Lead projects and trials designed to assess the capabilities of technologies required for optimizing operations.
• Report on and presentation of the deliverables, output and regular progress, from research activities to cross business stakeholders.
• Perform and initiate novel technology research, including rapid prototyping of new technologies (e.g. machine learning techniques, optimization engineers) leading to new solutions supporting BT’s strategic ambitions.
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Qualified to postgraduate level with experience in operational research, artificial intelligence techniques and software engineering.
• Proven track record in applying machine learning techniques to large, diverse data sets to detect patterns and enhance behaviour of systems.
• Experience in using Python, Oracle, Java, SQL, R and GCP to engineer enterprise-wide applications.
• Have an inquiring mind with a preference for working within less defined boundaries, excellent creativity, self motivation and good written and oral communication skills, and must be passionate about achieving excellent results
• Applying software engineering principles, technologies and frameworks in developing reusable components.
• 10% bonus
• 25 days of holidays
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: healthcare, childcare vouchers, gym memberships, cycle to work, etc.
• Free broadband and discounted BT products
• LinkedIn Learning
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT at https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Research and innovation
Title: AI Research Engineer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Suffolk-Ipswich
Requisition ID: 144417