BT Senior Software Engineer in Ipswich, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Manage internal and external teams/stakeholders, manage the escalations, precise in communications and work closely with BT/supplier teams across regions. Ensures the issues being proactively picked and drives them to resolution with the help of appropriate teams.
What you'll be doing
• Have to manage any external escalations/CSOC/External team/component related issues and dependencies.
• Provide regular and precise stakeholder communications.
• Fair understanding of Vendor management and would be able to work with teams spread across regions.
• Manage the issues/concerns raised by stakeholders and would be able to drive them to resolution with the help of appropriate teams.
• Good exposure to telecom product/portfolio, network technologies and related product offerings (e.g. PSTN, ISDN, Fibre).
• Understand the telecom domain well enough to act as domain focal point
• Experience in all aspects of Software engineering from requirements capture, through design, to implementation, unit testing, system testing, etc.
• Decide when to escalate any issues from delivery reviews or service which effects incidences to the appropriate person e.g. Account Manager, TDM, and Expert Software Engineer.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Overall Skills and Experience
• Extremely good in managing any internal or external stakeholder, knowledge about technologies and Telecom domain, an Excellent Team player, can work across regions, precise in communication and good in vendor management.
• Possess previous software engineering or related experience, out of which there is experience as a designer or senior developer
• Provide technical and functional guidance and direction to team members
• Telecom certifications
• Java/Oracle certifications
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Suffolk-Ipswich
Requisition ID: 99598