BT Software Engineer in Leeds, United Kingdom
Leeds preferred Consider Ipswich/Newcastle/Glasgow
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The key purpose of the Software Engineer role is to take ownership of a part of a solution, including design, implementation, unit and component testing, and preparation for solution deployment. The Software engineer will work independently with some guidance when needed and can contribute to pairing with other team members.
What you'll be doing
• Developing xAWS as part of the DAOA999 platform replacement project.
• Documenting the solution designs as part of the platform replacement project.
• Participating in design reviews.
• Maintaining and improving support tools code.
• Investigating defect root causes.
• Providing support and assistance to the Application Support Team, Test Team, and other developers when required.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Programming languages – proficient in C#, knowledge of C /CLR desirable
• Software design methods and frameworks – WCF, WPF and MVVM desirable
• Creating secure and maintainable code
• Testing Concepts – TDD and unit testing
• Design Review and Assurance
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Location: Leeds preferred (would consider Adastral Park, Newcastle & Glasgow)
Hiring Manager: Karen Stephenson - 0771 969 3961
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Software Engineer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Yorkshire-Leeds
Requisition ID: 101301