BT Commercial, Contentious Lawyer in London, United Kingdom
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
The role is focused on supporting the roll out, deployment and closure of the BT fixed and mobile network technology teams to assist BT in delivering the best networks. Working with the latest innovative technology developments, you will be at the forefront of the deployment of technology such as 5G, the emergency services network, “all IP” and the closure of legacy networks like the old telephone network (PSTN). BT is investing heavily in this area and you’ll be helping to deliver the network for our customers and ensure we are an industry leader.
Working as part of a small team of technology lawyers you will operate in a collaborative, supportive environment and be a key business partner. You’ll be given autonomy to manage your own projects and represent BT in external negotiations with key suppliers and partners. You will get great support and training to help you fulfil your potential and be part of a small friendly team who are responsible for delivering key infrastructure for BT.
What you'll be doing
You will have a diverse and interesting workload, including working on:
• The rollout of the 5G network and the decommissioning and removal of older technology like 3G and the PSTN.
• Request for prices (RFP's), and network technology development and procurement.
• “Big ticket” business critical technology projects with our key technology vendors such as Huawei, Arqiva, Nokia and MBNL.
• Key commercial relationships with our joint venture partners (Three and MBNL) and industry partners.
• Lots of other critical deployment activities such as Emergency Services Network (ESN, "All IP" and other ad hoc projects which are critical to BT Technology and its leadership team.
• Ensuring you understand and operate within the regulatory and commercial restrictions we operate in as a critical supplier to wholesale and retail business across the fixed and mobile space.
• Supporting and helping to mitigate some of the key enterprise risks for BT Technology
You will undertake commercially orientated legal work relating to:
• Diverse functions in the Technology business unit, including new network launches, innovative and unusual commercial arrangements, joint ventures and key partnerships.
• Deals necessary to integrate the EE and BT network, support the emergency services network, interface with Mobile Broadband Network Ltd (MBNL) and/or Hutchison 3G (H3G) in relation to mobile network matters.
• Supporting new funding initiatives and technology exploitation opportunities arising from BT’s World Class research and development facilities at our Adastral Park site.
• Working in partnership with other specialists across BT legal in particular with the IP, data, litigation and competition teams .
• Solution-focused, practical commercial advice as and where that need arises in the course of your day to day work.
• Drafting, negotiation, representing BT externally and other advisory work.
• Managing external suppliers and lawyers to ensure they are an integral part of any project team and deliver value for money to BT.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Qualified lawyer, preferably with some experience of negotiating TMT transactions
• Technical and professional expertise – analytical thinker/stakeholder management
• Delivery of results – manage multiple, occasionally conflicting interests and deadlines
• Influence and persuasion
• Team/collaborative working
Why choose us?
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Commercial, Contentious
Title: Commercial, Contentious Lawyer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 100487