BT Finance Manager, Transformation in London, United Kingdom
Finance Manager, Transformation
Finance Manager, Transformation
Kelvin House, 123 Judd street (Preferred)
Job role/ grade
Reports to (role)
Finance Director, Strategy and Transformation
Why this role matters
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business. We’re a wholly owned and independently governed subsidiary of the BT Group.
We’re over 30,000 people who connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses - large and small - to the world.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We’re also the platform for Britain’s thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20.
We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week and we’re now embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation. We’ll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to three million premises by the end of 2020, and we have an ambition to reach 10 million by the mid 2020s under the right conditions.
Openreach remains an important part of BT but being more independent and treating customers equally is how Openreach contributes to the success of the Group.
· To be a valued business partner for the Openreach Strategy and Transformation team.
· To support the Finance Director, Strategy and Transformation with forecasting and subsequent delivery of Openreach transformation benefits, both in-year and for the MTP.
· Supporting the above with thorough analysis, commentary and reporting, identifying key risks in order for senior stakeholders to make considered decisions.
· Proactively identify further transformation opportunities, working pan-Openreach including supplier management/relationship, outsourcing, automation and reduction in the desk based population.
· Demonstrate capability as a business partner in running the business and maintain commercial discipline and standards.
· Act as an agent for change to drive business performance.
· Monitor all ongoing transformation activities, looking at ongoing timelines and associated cost.
What I’ll be doing
The individual will be responsible for:
· Acting as a key business partner to the Openreach Transformation stakeholders (including Finance, Transformation Office, Business Unit Transformation leads and Group Transformation) as well as interfacing, when necessary, with the MD Strategy and Transformation, CFO and CEO.
· Supporting, as well as challenging, Transformation teams in the development of viable long terms business propositions and forecasts.
· Responsible for timely and accurate reporting, including month end reporting.
· Responsible for leading monthly reviews with CFO, Transformation Directors and Finance leads.
· Producing monthly dashboard for presentation at monthly Exec meetings.
· Identifying risks and opportunities to Transformation plans
· Tasked with proactively identifying future Transformation opportunities pan-Openreach.
· Responsible for providing up to date and accurate financial analysis and commentary, inclusive of profitability analysis, cost savings and return on investment, to help identify further areas of opportunity. Use analysis to drive business decisions to transform business
· Act as a key interface into Procurement, looking at cost by supplier analysis and challenging current plans to drive further opportunities.
· Define and implement Procurement’s ‘stretch programme’ to underpin McKinsey targets in MTP
· Working closely with Project Management teams tasked with physically carrying out the Transformation, being a point of contact at all times and providing support where needed.
· Responsible for identifying Transformation prioritisation, recommending which initiatives are built into the forecasts
· Drive consistency in Transformation forecasting and reporting across the business
· Proactively improve processes used for forecasting and reporting Transformation, including potentially identifying opportunities to utilise offshore resource for reporting
The skills & experience you need
Specific skills and experience includes:
· A team player, adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive leadership style, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments
· Strategic thinker with proven experience driving daily concepts to deliver longer term vision with the ability to cut through barriers to bring real clarity and focus to delivering for our customers
· Ability to work across the Executive team to ensure we fulfil the Openreach medium to long term vision
· Highly numerate and accurate financial, analytical and reasoning skills
· Articulate and fluent in oral and written work and an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, successfully building long term relationships and engagement
· Experience within the telecommunications Industry is desirable but not essential.
· Knowledge of current and planned access network technology and products (particularly Fibre)
· A proven driver of sustainable behavioural change supported through operational alignment, cultural change and their personal leadership
· Typically degree level or equivalent
· Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent), or exceptionally equivalent experience. MBA will be considered.
Bold decision maker
These are our values, they show us the right thing to do
We are all connected by our shared values; Personal, Simple and Brilliant. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Everyone should be guided by our values. If you are leader, you will need to understand and demonstrate the Connected Leaders behaviours which you can find on the BT Intranet.
Other things you need to know
To protect yourself, your colleagues, our customers and BT, you must follow:
· Our ethics code, The Way We Work ;
· The Undertakings code of practice (which contains important rules about BT's promises to Ofcom);
· Our regulatory, fair trading, competition, data protection, environmental and anti-corruption and bribery policies;
· Our security policies;
· Our standards of behaviour policy;
· Our health and safety policy; and
· BT Business continuity management policy framework directive.
You have an important role in maintaining customer trust and helping BT to do business with integrity. Because working ethically is so important you must follow all laws and BT policies and procedures in the course of your employment. I f you have any questions or are unclear o n what any of our policies mean, just talk to your manager .
You can find all our policies and procedures on the BT intranet (or from your manager) – it’s up to you to keep up to date with them, including your mandatory training, and ensure you fully understand what they mean for you in your day-to-day work. If you don’t do this or if you breach any of our policies, you could face disciplinary action, or even dismissal.
If you’re a people manager you need to be aware of the expectations for managers. You can find these on the Connected Leaders site.
5 Key Skills
• Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent), or exceptionally equivalent experience. MBA will be considered.
• Strategic thinker with proven experience driving daily concepts to deliver longer term vision with the ability to cut through barriers to bring real clarity and focus to delivering for our customers
• Ability to work across the Executive team to ensure we fulfil the Openreach medium to long term vision
• Highly numerate and accurate financial, analytical and reasoning skills
• Knowledge of current and planned access network technology and products (particularly Fibre)
Title: Finance Manager, Transformation
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 105061