BT Manager, Financial Compliance and Risk Management in London, United Kingdom
D-Level Compliance and Risk Management
D-Level Compliance and Risk Management
Kelvin House, 123 Judd Street, LONDON
Job role/ grade
Reports to (role)
Why this role matters
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business. We’re a wholly owned and independently governed subsidiary of the BT Group.
We’re over 30,000 people who connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses - large and small - to the world.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We’re also the platform for Britain’s thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20.
We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week and we’re now embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation. We’ll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to three million premises by the end of 2020, and we have an ambition to reach 10 million by the mid 2020s under the right conditions.
Openreach remains an important part of BT but being more independent and treating customers equally is how Openreach contributes to the success of the Group.
· A Compliance and Risk Management role, reporting to C Level.
· Responsible for co-ordinating Compliance and Risk Management activities in Openreach finance
· Will operate in a highly complex environment with high risk (potential financial or commercial impact, CFO/CEO level visibility, potential reputational impact)
What I’ll be doing
As Compliance and Risk Manager for Openreach, the role holder will be specifically accountable for:
· Leading on the strategic direction for 1st / 2nd line assurance mapping and review across Finance and working with other assurance providers across the organisation to protect Openreach internal controls
· Ensure the control environment is sufficient in design and operation to manage identified risks within agreed appetite levels, with plans and associated accountabilities and milestones developed to address unacceptable exposures
· Plan and perform first line assurance activity over key internal financial controls
· Maintain, operate, improve and report on Openreach’s risk management processes, risks and controls programme (including Sarbanes Oxley), and assurance programme, in line with Group policies and procedures
· Partner with stakeholders to embed risk management activity in key decision making points and drive insight for improved decision making (e.g. risk quantification during financial planning and forecasting, and in investment approval processes)
· Act as Openreach liaison for external and internal audit to deliver smooth and timely audits
· Tracking assurance recommendations from external audit, GIA and OIA to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and that the remediation is effective
· Support Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance activities across Openreach to safeguard key financial controls, including coordination for existing controls and bringing in scope new controls and overseeing the Pentana system
· Manage the SOX quarterly sign-off (T2) with the Chief Financial Officer & Process Owner Certificate sign-offs with process owners
· Work on a matrix basis across the team, providing experience and technical advice / coaching on the application and improvement of audit, assurance and risk management
· Preparing the Finance submissions to the OBARCC and OARCP
· Ensure Openreach compliance with legislation including EUGDPR requirements
· Developing and maintaining the Level 3 Finance Risk Register, as well as documenting the Level 2 Finance risk
· Group Quarterly Holistic Filing Assurance – completion of relevant risk/controls/compliance/ audit related slides
The skills & experience you need
To be successful in this role you will need:
· A background in financial planning, reporting, analysis, consolidations and systems
· Pragmatic team player, adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive style, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments
· An ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects, working to tight deadlines
· An expert in their field with experience
· An ability to matrix-manage cross-business teams to complex and multi-phase solutions (across technology, commercial, product and process design, network design and build).
· Ability to manage ambiguity
· Experience of mitigating risks, implanting best practice and following strict governance procedures
· Advisor and coach to others both within own team and elsewhere, formulates their operational guidelines or in-depth knowledge and advises on specialist area
· Leads, champions and manages conflicting priorities
Data Management and Analysis
Business Case Development
Budgeting and Cost Management
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (or equivalent experience)
· Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism with significant PQE (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent)
Bold decision maker
These are our values, they show us the right thing to do
We are all connected by our shared values; Personal, Simple and Brilliant. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Everyone should be guided by our values. If you are leader, you will need to understand and demonstrate the Connected Leaders behaviours which you can find on the BT Intranet.
Other things you need to know
To protect yourself, your colleagues, our customers and BT, you must follow:
· Our ethics code, The Way We Work ;
· The Undertakings code of practice (which contains important rules about BT's promises to Ofcom);
· Our regulatory, fair trading, competition, data protection, environmental and anti-corruption and bribery policies;
· Our security policies;
· Our standards of behaviour policy;
· Our health and safety policy; and
· BT Business continuity management policy framework directive.
You have an important role in maintaining customer trust and helping BT to do business with integrity. Because working ethically is so important you must follow all laws and BT policies and procedures in the course of your employment. I f you have any questions or are unclear o n what any of our policies mean, just talk to your manager .
You can find all our policies and procedures on the BT intranet (or from your manager) – it’s up to you to keep up to date with them, including your mandatory training, and ensure you fully understand what they mean for you in your day-to-day work. If you don’t do this or if you breach any of our policies, you could face disciplinary action, or even dismissal.
If you’re a people manager you need to be aware of the expectations for managers. You can find these on the Connected Leaders site.
5 Key Skills
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (or equivalent experience)
Fully qualified accountant / Further qualification to support specialism with significant PQE (.e.g. CIMA, ACCA, IIA, CISA, ACT, CTA, MCT, IR Society Certificate or equivalent)
A background in financial planning, reporting, analysis, consolidations and systems
Pragmatic team player, adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive style, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments
An ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects, working to tight deadlines
Title: Manager, Financial Compliance and Risk Management
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 106351