BT Non Standards Contract Proffessional in London, United Kingdom
Job Description – Non Standards Contract Professional
Non Standards Contract Professional
Reports to (job)
Contract Change Manager
Openreach, Partner Management
Local CoE for F&ND
Frequent travel, incl. London
All spend categories
Currently Top 16 or critical providers of service
Number of DRs <5
Number of dotted DRs <5
Openreach provides the capability for over 500 Communications Providers to provide service, broadband and data services to consumers and businesses across the UK. Our network covers 30 million customers and 8 million broadband lines from approximately 5,500 local exchanges. Openreach is at the heart of Britain’s drive to be a world leader in the internet economy. Broadband connections have become a necessity to customers at home and at work and the demands of our infrastructure reflect that importance. Through us, millions of individuals connect to friends and family and have a wealth of information and entertainment at their fingertips. For small local businesses, right through to large multinationals, we help companies to work better and compete effectively in global markets. We are also the backbone for essential public services to be delivered and help national and regional economies grow. Having a fast internet connection has never been more important.
When we get it right we change people’s lives; having empathy with customers whether at home or in the office will help us deliver our priorities and also enable us to play our part in supporting BT’s overall purpose, to use the power of communications to make a better world.
Why this job matters
We currently spend est.£800m pa on our top 16 partners in Openreach, with a fragmented approach that is proven to leak value Provide one stop shop for contractual queries. This role is essential in controlling and administering all partners contract changes Pan openreach . The role holder will review all non standard spend to ensure correct governance and VFM and be technical expert for all synthetics and their scope.
What I’ll be doing – your accountabilities
The skills you need
· Good external / internal experience of flex / civils requirements to understand Non Standard request breakdown.
· Challenging requests against contractual requirements.
· Colaboritively assisting the Contract Manager Proffesional providing the one stop shop (new and existing) Synthetic definitions
· Develop briefings detailing any Non standard changes for operational teams using tightly controlled CCN governance.
· Ensure that Non standard works are priced competitively and processed in accordance with govermance·and good cost control practices
· Review with partners on all non standards ensuring VFM
· Advising SOR development to convert identified Non Standards to Synthetics as required.
· Specialist knowledge contributor to procurement/ Contract specialist
· Maintain governance for bespoke contractual requirements
Brilliant people and stakeholder manager
Brilliant organisationally and influencing others to deliver
Good presentation skills
Ability to provide clarity in ambiguity
Strong data based mindset
Collaborative way of working, both internally and externally
Ability to stay calm in a crisis
· Leadership accountabilities
Experience you would be expected to have
· Refer to our leadership expectations for each level of our organisation
Civils experience ( essential)
Experience of managing complex contracts.
Strong numerical and commercial experience (required)
Partner management experience (preferred)
Experienced in negotiating change.
Responsible for sign off of all non standard works
Agree need for additional synthetics
People management, Engaging and leading a small remote team
Strong Internal / External knowledge of the network to breakdown cost requests.
Ability to challenge Non Standard requests and close out issues to tight deadlines
Evidence of collaborative way of working with stakeholders, internal departments and external partners.
Data analytical mind set to identify Non Standard patterns for closure of loopholes or synthetic requirement, focused on continual improvement.
Job: Business operations
Title: Non Standards Contract Proffessional
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London
Requisition ID: 106552