BT Senior HR Manager, HR (Corporate Functions) in London, United Kingdom
Senior HR Manager, HR (Corporate Functions)
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
We have made real progress over the last couple of years in improving the capability and contribution of the HR community and function. We have achieved so much - recruiting over 200 new HR professionals over the last 24 months - including 25 grads and apprentices, simplified our op model, and progressed our HR Profession but we have so much more we want to do to build the best in class, HR function, we need to support the business.
What you'll be doing
• Designing and developing a local people plan to enhance the success of the business unit and provide HR leadership to senior leaders and their teams.
• Providing business insight to CoE’s and HR Services to facilitate continuous improvement into the business unit. Brings best practice into BT and shares knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends. Develop and deliver an integrated and solution focused people plan to support the BT HR function strategy and ambitions.
• Working with the HRLT and their DR’s to review the design and augment the HR operating model so it aligns to the businesses strategic goals.
• Working with the HRLT and Group HRD’s to co-create engagement plans. Plus support initiatives to embed the values and culture.
• Coaching and developing senior leaders, manages and mitigates people-related risks to ensure retention of key employees, developing leadership succession plans, managing capability and high performance and overall healthy churn.
• Identifying capability needs and solutions to fix through the HR Profession. Works with the HRLT to have right skills in the right place, at the right time by developing a fully integrated Strategic and tactical workforce plan.
• Brilliantly manages HR activities such as recruitment, resourcing, absence, performance, and employee relations in conjunction with matrixed specialist HR teams to deliver the people plan and its strategy.
• Challenge and supporting direct reports to be accountable and perform at their best.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Coaches people to get the best outcomes. Personally role models that customers are the reason why we have a business; places the achievement of excellent customer solutions at the heart of the organisation. Good to have ICF accreditation or working towards it.
• Builds very strong relationships: has a strong track record of credibility in the business and seen as a trusted advisor with senior leaders. Handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence; role models honest and respectful feedback; strong at managing multiple senior stakeholders; comfortable in the absence of direction
• Can successfully lead and implement big change programmes by using strong change management and project management skills. HR Mastery –strong technical HR knowledge and it’s practical application
• Has strong business acumen and commercial awareness to assess commercial or financial risk, people implications and develops solutions to address.
• Uses strong analytical skills and intuition to analyse data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develops the best solutions.
• Excellent collaborator and influencer: has a track record to engage, inspire and influence people at senior levels
Why choose us?
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Senior HR Manager, HR (Corporate Functions)
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 106277