BT Senior Internal Auditor in London, United Kingdom
Senior Internal Auditor
Location: London or Bristol or Birmingham
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
I will own and implement defined complex in-depth operational and financial internal audit assignments with E2E responsibility for audit team delivery and key assurance messages. This requires a blend of advanced and diverse technical skills and the ability to implement a wide range of audit techniques and methodologies (as well as apply first rate interpersonal and communication skills).
What you'll be doing
• Planning, performing and reporting of audits on a risk assessed basis using appropriate, flexible, and cost effective methodologies that are in line with professional and divisional standards and customer needs, in support of the lead auditor or, for development purposes, acting as lead auditor.
• Acting as an expert in one or more key business areas, providing business insight and audit expertise to the team and those being audited on specified business processes, strategic imperatives and enterprise threatening risks.
• Leading on audits and overseeing the work of others, providing technical advice and coaching where appropriate on a timely basis and to the required quality in accordance with divisional standards.
• Tracking audit recommendations to ensure implementation is achieved against targets and that the remediation is effective.
• Undertaking Sox404 compliance testing assignments in accordance with divisional Sox timescales and documentation standards.
• Understanding and deploying a risk based approach to maintaining the audit universe and actively contributing to the annual plan build exercise.
• Supporting senior audit management in ongoing account management.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Business insight and expertise: Keeping up-to-date with external developments and business insight of specified business operations, strategic imperatives and business risks.
• Change management: Identifying, anticipating and recommending the need for changes to the annual audit plan in response to changing risk profiles and business needs, as well as identifying and developing leading edge audit methodologies and best practice.
• Stakeholder engagement: Developing a good level of relevant business and audit experience, including:
helping to create a team culture of customer and commercial focus;
developing a deep understanding of auditee’s needs, risks and strategic imperatives;
leading and participating in discussions at planning meetings and exit meetings with senior management;
keeping the senior audit management and auditees informed of key concerns throughout the progress of audit assignments;
ensuring auditees are supported in discharging their audit recommendation obligations through regular liaison and providing clarity on expectations; and
supporting the senior audit management in preparing for audit committees and other senior management forums.
• People and resource management: Accountable for:
the efficient use of my own time, equipment and systems, ensuring that tasks are delivered on time to the expected quality;
making full use of data analytics to deliver efficiencies and enhanced audit results; and
delivery of assigned work in the most cost effective manner by organising personal time and auditee engagements to minimise costs.
Why choose us?
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Internal Audit
Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 99843
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-South Yorkshire-Sheffield, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Reading, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Down-Newcastle, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds