BT Senior Manager IT Architecture Transformation in London, United Kingdom
Senior Manager IT Architecture Transformation
London, Ipswich, Bristol, Cardiff
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
At BT, we are investing heavily in technology to provide both great services to our customers and drive internal efficiencies for our commercial and operational areas. To help us with this, we are looking for an experienced Senior Transformation Manager to join us to develop, and then drive BT’s Enterprise Architecture Transformation.
What you'll be doing
Transformation & Change Management
• Directs, shapes, manages and implements IT Architecture visions into executable transformation plans that can be used to direct delivery focused programme and project plans.
• Creates a transformation change that shifts BT to new mindsets and behaviours required to achieve success across multiple stakeholder groups and all levels and functions of the organisation.
• Skilled at navigating political complexity and using appropriate change management techniques to deliver a collaborative transformation.
• Decides on the transformation approach & plan, communication strategy and stakeholder management for key IT Architecture programmes/changes.
• Decides on the scheduling of programmes/projects that drive IT architectural change in line with the overall IT Architecture transformation plan understanding the overall dependencies to deliver the most effective and value based execution of current to end state IT architecture.
• Maintains a full programme view of architecture demand, active programmes, resource profile and planned architectural change with viewpoints of impact cross CFU to allow for resourcing adjustments to be made to optimise delivery.
• Reviews and manages risk and key dependencies across the transformation programme landscape, utilising a broad range of mitigating actions.
• Directs & guides the creation and maintenance of artefacts and key measures used to report on the progress of the transformation and benefit realisation
• Drives the creation of agile and adaptable plans at pace that include opportunities to demonstrate early, high profile successes whilst the same time developing a thorough change strategy pulling together a senior, strong guiding team to support and guide the change.
• Delivers the initiation, planning and co-ordination across a complex IT architecture landscape that over the next 3 - 5 years will be going through transformational change with significant moving parts and choices that are interdependent.
• Lead and shape the transformation approach, direction and decisions to senior management levels.
• Leads, coaches and influences a virtual team in excess of 200 stakeholders, programme managers and leaders across the organisation to deliver best practice, unchallengeable, programme excellence.
• Leads a collaborative cultural, process, operating model and IT architecture governance change alongside the articulation of interdependent detailed technical roadmaps.
• Supporting review of budgets and project portfolio investment roadmap to ensure alignment of investments to transformation plans and roadmaps.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Qualifications and General skills
• Demonstrable experience in transformation management on large scale, complex multiyear programmes.
• Ability to operate at pace, developing a good understanding of the problem domain and continually monitoring the business adoption of the change.
• Able to respond appropriately using a wide range of change management strategies to enable the plan to drive towards the best outcome for the organisation.
• Customer focused: You will understand customer (internal and external) needs and keep customer satisfaction at the forefront of your work
• Relevant Bachelor's degree or a related study, or equivalent experience
IT strategy and planning
• Ensures that all stakeholders adhere to IT strategic management approach and timetables.
• Develops and communicates plans to drive forward the strategy.
• Contributes to the development of policies, standards and guidelines for IT strategy development and planning
• Sets out and communicates a compelling vision of the transformation change, and leads cross-functionally (MD, CFU through to architecture and solution designers, to wide audiences both internal and external (vendor product leaders, analyst standards bodies e.g. TMF), Pan BT and cross technology.
• Partners with programme and CFU/CTIO transformation teams, senior and MD level leaders to translate architectural direction into business value & plans.
• Provides internal consultancy to CFU management teams, transformation leaders and CTIO organisations on transformation/IT crossover topics, such as business cases and value architecture.
• Ability to challenge programme plans and value statements to a detailed level in a collaborative and supportive manner.
• Develops a clear rationale and communication direction around the strategic organisation, both internal and external and the rationale for any change. Ensures Directors, MDs and CxO, engagement in support of the plan.
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: Senior Manager IT Architecture Transformation
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London
Requisition ID: 100756
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-South Glamorgan-Cardiff, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol, UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich