BT Snr Policy and Process Consultant (In-Life) in London, United Kingdom
Senir Policy and Process Consultant (In-Life) - 6 month FTC
Location - London. Salary £60k - £62K PA depending on experience
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
An exceptional opportunity to be part of the BT Group Customer Billing - Credit Risk & Fraud Department, supporting and protecting the growth of the Consumer segment across all Lines of Business. Credit Risk is made up of teams that specialise in different elements of the customer lifecycle and this role is principally concerned with In-Life credit risk management.
This role is a fixed term contract and is to support and implement the credit risk Policy, Process and Technical strategy to optimise profitability and support longer term strategic goals for all lines of business. As a senior member of the team deliver a programme of initiatives aimed at advancing systems and processes to improve Credit Risk KPIs and customer experience across In-Life Consumer lifecycle. Working closely with other Credit Risk & Fraud teams to deliver best in class credit risk policies, systems and strategies to drive improvements in market share, revenue, aged debt, bad debt and involuntary churn.
To support the Manager in championing Credit Risk Policy and Process initiatives in respect of In-Life across all the Consumer lines of business.
What you'll be doing
• Assess the impact of external projects on the policies, strategies, process and systems used by Credit Risk in the execution of their roles
• Support the management of the roadmap and pipeline of strategy changes across the team including taking ownership of the documentation of process and configuration changes.
• Ensure that plans and progress of initiatives are communicated regularly and effectively to management and other interested parties (e.g. test teams, project managers, vendors and development teams)
• Design and Implement strategy and process improvements.
• Design and Implement the configuration and systems changes necessary to support the process and systems change initiatives
• Establish and maintain key relationships across the BT Group including Change Management and Business Improvement teams to support Credit Risk Policy and Process changes for all Consumer LoBs.
• Responsible for the coaching of Senior Credit Risk Analysts to ensure best practice and promote continuous improvement and development.
• Maintain personal and professional development in the Credit risk area.
• Ability to work on and support multiple concurrent projects across the business
• Regularly report progress against milestones in implementation of the initiatives
• Publish process metrics to show strategy and systems performance against target
• Communication of risks/issues that may impact the time/cost/quality of the implementation of the initiatives
• Ensure that release processes align to standards across the BT Group where possible.
• Stay abreast of industry developments and best practice to proactively suggest new and innovative solutions to business problems
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Experienced, flexible and driven consultant with a background in delivering multiple complex changes
Experience of high volume consumer credit risk environment & systems.
Must have experience in the Telecommunications domain.
Evidence of managing senior stakeholders and influencing senior management decisions.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
A strong team player with good motivational skills.
Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Excellent knowledge of SAS
Proven experience of system configuration or process improvement
Degree level or equivalent experience in a financial or business specialism
Flexibility to travel if required.
Why choose us?
Corporate Functions help deliver our strategy and plans for growth. We shape and steer the direction of the business by managing our people, finances, shared services and buildings. We also oversee our legal, regulatory and compliance obligations too.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Snr Policy and Process Consultant (In-Life)
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 94513