BT Treasury Manager - 14 month FTC in London, United Kingdom
Treasury Manager - 14 month FTC
Location: St Pauls, London
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
This role sits within BT’s Group Treasury function and is based full time in London at BT Centre. The Group Treasury function is divided into three areas: financial risk management, debt and capital markets; operations (transaction processing, cash management and cash forecasting, intra group loan management, banking operations and Treasury Systems); Liabilities and reporting. This role is within the operations area.
The primary responsibility of the Treasury Manager is to support the Treasurer Operations on project work aimed at delivering Treasury strategy and objectives. The Treasurer Global Services reports to the financial controller in GS and has a dotted line reporting to the Group Treasurer; the Treasury Manager provides support to the Treasurer Global Services when directed to by the Treasurer Operations or the Group Treasurer.
What you'll be doing
• Optimization of cash balances throughout the worldwide group, working with Global Services and BT shared service centre teams to reduce overseas cash balances, supporting projects which fulfil that objective including implementing cash sweeping or assistance in managing overseas internal (Interco reconciliation/documentation) and external (capital & exchange controls) compliance issues preventing repatriations of funds. Liaising with stakeholders to maintain and improve visibility of global cash positions.
• Act as the primary point of contact for day-to-day issues in respect of payments and cash management, liaising with internal stakeholders and banks to resolve banking operational issues to ensure banking services are not disrupted.
• Supporting a rolling programme of bank benchmarking, tenders and transitions to new banks across all regions, adapting central Group Treasury practices to accommodate such transitions.
• Co-ordinating with the lines of business to rationalise bank accounts around the Group and migrate banking activity to preferred regional banks, ensuring legacy accounts are closed as soon as appropriate
• Managing the approval of bank account opening and closing requests, facilitating the opening of new bank accounts where required (including account opening documentation and KYC)
• Ensuring database of Group Treasury bank accounts is complete and up-to-date and liaising with internal and external auditors to fulfilyear-end requirements in relation to bank account confirmations (issuing authority letters, chasing banks for responses etc.)
• Identify and deliver cross-treasury efficiencies and/or Treasury process improvements via system change/system enhancement and by other methods working collaboratively with the wider Treasury team. Recent examples have included putting in place a global electronic bank account database and exploring ways of automating current banking operations (straight through payment processing etc.)
• Assist in managing key projects to enhance the treasury management system (eTC) and treasury cash management and controls processes.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
Confident self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision
To be able to synthesise large amounts of information in a focussed manner
To be able to plan, prioritise and work under pressure to meet tough deadlines
To be able generate own challenging deadlines and to look for and address new issues
To have a creative approach to problem solving with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
Sound commercial acumen, with a good business perspective across international boundaries
To demonstrate personal responsibility to deliver against own/company objectives
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally and be credible at all levels in the business
Diplomatic individual, able to deal with strong personalities in a calm and efficient manner
Good communicator and able to explain complicated processes simply so senior management can make effective decisions
To be highly numerate, literate and detail conscious
Excellent knowledge of Excel, experience with Excel VBA preferred, good knowledge Word and Powerpoint to an intermediate/advanced level.
Strong IT literacy
Good knowledge of banking platforms and treasury management systems
Good knowledge of treasury processes
Acts within parameters as prescribed in Group Treasury policies and procedures, and that any changes to treasury processes are highlighted to manager and updated within the relevant procedures manual as required.
Keeps up to date with relevant Treasury issues in the marketplace
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Title: Treasury Manager - 14 month FTC
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 102613