BT UX Designer in London, United Kingdom
User Experience Designer
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
You will be responsible for the UX design & digital customer experience for a number of high profile digital projects within Enterprise and will be required to work alongside an existing team of talented UX designers, UI designers and front end developers who are responsible for business.bt.com across all digital touch points.
The role offers the chance to own and drive improvements to the user experience across a number of core products, propositions and also to directly influence the design of our rapidly evolving digital platforms and processes.
What you'll be doing
• Providing UX execution - translating requirements into compelling interactive journeys
• Leading UX on small and midsize projects within the focus area for all initiatives across the digital channels
• Working closely with the wider digital team and BT’s other channels to create a seamless experience across different channels for our customers
• Working closely with BT Customer Experience and Product teams to create a bridge between Digital and other teams in BT
• Defining how we create, deliver and govern measurable, simple and useful, journeys across our web, mobile and social channels
• Intensively using analytics, user testing data and other research tools to drive for optimal user experiences.
• Using industry research, brand studies, digital trends, design audits and gap analysis in order to develop strategies and implement these in BT’s digital channels.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Proven ability to design simple user experiences to solve complex business problems
• Good knowledge of usability patterns, standards and information architecture principles
• Ability to create wireframes, prototypes and definitions of user journeys/stories
• Experience designing experiences across desktop, tablet and mobile
• Expert knowledge of design and prototyping software such as Axure, Sketch, Invision
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: Online Marketing
Title: UX Designer
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 103451