BT BT Emergency & Operator Services Big Data Analyst in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
BT Emergency & Operator Services Big Data Analyst
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne or Leeds
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT is mandated by Ofcom and its own code of practice to meet minimum standards for the accuracy and reporting of its data and billing for its customers for the services it provides. If BT does not adhere to these then the company could incur fines and be non-compliant in meeting the minimum standards required and also could be restricted in its working practices. This job is to ensure that BT can demonstrate to Ofcom and licensed operators that its systems and processes adhere to those requirements.
What you'll be doing
• Develop & Support the DAOA999 & Text Relay MIS databases/web servers currently hosted on Microsoft Technology
• Working within a team to migrate the DAOA999 & Text Relay MIS databases/web servers to Oracle Technology and the subsequent development and support required.
• Develop & Support a centralised Data Warehouse System
• Develop & Support Customer Front End Reporting Tool
• Working within a team to complete the data and requirements capture for DAOA999 platform replacement project (CCMIS)
• Ensure full traceability of all development via change management and documentation
• Ensure that all relevant testing has been conducted prior to go live/deployment, again ensuring full traceability against original requirements and test cases
• Become a subject specialist and drive shared learning and collaboration around a specific subject. Contribute knowledge and learning material, plan and run events, offer expert advice and help people to learn together.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
MS SQL server / Oracle RDBMS including stored procedures, functions, triggers/events, indexing tablespaces/partitioning and SQL execution plans.
Hadoop / Big Data
Appreciation of SQL language used for administering a database
Data Warehouse databases and ‘Big Data’ terminology, tools & concepts
Appreciation of DBA skills such as Data Back-Ups/Data Integrity/Internal Architecture of a Database
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Job: IT, Systems and Security
Title: BT Emergency & Operator Services Big Data Analyst
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Newcastle upon Tyne-Newcastle Upon Tyne
Requisition ID: 95439
Other Locations: UK %26 Ireland-United Kingdom-West Yorkshire-Leeds